Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Charlotte's Christmas wanderings, Part I

     Now that the holiday hustle and bustle is behind us, I would like to tell the tale of December, 2013. I didn't know what it would look like back when I was expecting, but I remember thinking something naive, like "Oh, I'll have a baby, so I'd better stay put this year. No more traveling for a bit." To that I now say, Ha! This was another McHenry Christmas for the books, and I've lovingly bestowed it the following motto: Have Baby, Will Travel :)


     It began the weekend before Christmas with a flight to the picturesque Spokane, WA! Being new to the whole flying-with-a-baby thing, I was pretty apprehensive about getting a newborn thru an airport and a flight without any mishaps. But armed with my Moby wrap and a bursting diaper bag, we braved SeaTac like a couple of pros. And my sleepy bug curled up for the entire flight!


     We spent the weekend with Grandpa and Grandma McHenry, enjoying lots of food, snuggles, and a delightful early Christmas morning at cousin Madalynn's house! Charlotte was so good; she just went with the flow, slept as she pleased, and was generally her winsome self :) She even got to meet her baby buddy Clark! Below are a few of my favorite moments -

Grandma McHenry and cousin Madalynn!

Sister-in-laws at our annual Tea :)

Mother-in-law Tea 2013!

Charlotte and Clark!

Someone had a blowout (no fingers pointed...)

"Christmas morning"

Cuddles with Grandma

And naps with Grandpa

Cousins in their Christmas best!

     It was quick but it was an absolutely lovely visit, and a white Christmas to boot! (I LOVE snow!!) The return flight was just as seamless as the first; what had I been worried about?? And that baby girl sure was happy to see her daddy again :)


Next stop, Texas! To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment