Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A move, a shower, and a fresh start!

Hello all! 

     It has been far too long since I've sat down for a type/chat so it's high time that I play catch up. Since I last wrote we completed our contract at Yale-New Haven, packed our entire apartment, traveled over 300 miles (myself by Amtrak, Pat by car), spent a week in DC and now are (mostly) unpacked in Baltimore, Maryland - phew! Mouthful.
     In the midst of all that hustle and bustle, some really lovely things happened. Firstly, we were able to enjoy one last dinner/banquet with our Smallgroup. I can't even begin to express how precious these people are to me. When we showed up in January thousands of miles away from home they embraced us with open arms, giving us a literal haven in a city of strangers. I can say without hesitation that of all things in Connecticut, I will miss them most.


     We worked our final few shifts, and had some great goodbyes from doctors and nurses alike. Then we scrambled to pack in 24 hours, and I hit the road for lovely occasion #2 - my sister's bridal shower. If there is a gleaming perk to being so very far from home, it's the fact that I get to be near Michelle during these last months of her single-hood :)
     Her roommates threw her a shower on a beautiful, sunny spring afternoon in D.C. Their place was turned all pink and cheery and full of good treats, as it should be. But more than that, it was full of good friends, which was the most lovely thing about the celebration. As an older sister, it gives me such peace to know that my little sister is well loved where she is.


     This same weekend, far far away, lovely thing #3 happened. My husband was baptized at our church in New Haven on his final day in town. If there was any better way to wrap up our time there, I can't think of it. He has already blogged about this, but for my part, I am so amazed and blessed by the man I married that I had to share it again. More and more I sense God covering and equipping us for this journey we have embarked on.
     And now, we find ourselves in Baltimore working our way through orientation at Johns Hopkins Hospital. If you had asked me a year ago where I saw us... (more on B'more later) But this is why I know God's plans are bigger than ours, and that by continuing to follow Him we'll be more than all right. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss my family and friends back in Washington. I think about them everyday. And I'm joyful for when we can next hug each and every one of them! But until then, we're going to jump into JHH with all we've got and trust God to use us where He's put us.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete